Residential Program Director
Published: 2019-07-12 18:24:32Z
Truth for Women is a faith-based, non-profit organization that provides restorative care for sexually exploited women and increases awareness of sex trafficking in our community.
Truth for Women owns and operates the Truth Home which is a therapeutic residential home for survivors of sex-trafficking. The home provides a safe place where motivated women can rebuild their lives. Specifically, The Truth Home provides: shelter, food, utilities, clothing, personal hygiene supplies, medical care, group therapy, individual trauma informed therapy, art therapy, dog therapy, yoga, kickboxing, life skills training, emotional life skills, GED preparation, job skills, case management, and transportation through a 24/7 specialized staffing.
Truth for Women owns and operated My Sister’s Closet. My Sister’s Closet is a women's resale boutique and a funding source for Truth for Women.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Residential Program Director will be responsible for all programmatic and operational aspects of the emergency shelter.
- Develop a hiring plan for the facility that includes, but not limited determining the staff/positions required to operate the emergency shelter.
- Train and provide direct supervision to all residential and per-diem staff members.
- Work closely with the board of directors to provide leadership and vision for short and long-term strategic growth and direction.
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure quality services for clients and accountability for staff, including client records and other program documentation to ensure compliance with agency and funding standards.
- Collaborate with board of directors and staff members to prepare reports and program evaluations as per funding requirements.
- Ensure accurate and timely collection of statistical data required of the program.
- Act as a liaison with outside agencies in an effort to establish and enhance relationships, working towards a more coordinated community approach to sex trafficking.
- Assess and recognize training needs, and support staff to provide case management, advocacy, resources and referrals to residents.
- Responsible for oversight and management of shelter staff coverage.
- Provide crisis intervention and practical assistance to clients as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related degree.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as need to support 24/7 operations.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality and report critical information in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage crises with tact, diplomacy and sound judgement.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Experience working with social service organizations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including spreadsheet and database programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- 5 years of experience in non-profit management.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of sex trafficking/victimization/women’s issues strongly preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related degree is preferred.
All interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.