Accounting and Human Resources Manager
Published: 2020-10-19 04:00:00Z
For full description and application please view here.
The Accounting & HR Manager oversees all day-to-day accounting operations, with functional responsibility for accounting, accounts payable, payroll, and budget management. In addition, this position assists with all Human Resource operations as well as administration and maintenance of the organization’s onboarding and benefits program. This position will play a vital role in improving and maintaining the financial standing of our organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, oversee, and process: payroll, accounts payable, revenue and expense, fixed assets, annual audit, cash, bank reconciliations and allocations;
- Manage close relationships with external CPA’s, bankers, and insurance brokers
- Provide regular cash flow analysis and occasional special projects to the Executive Director
- Assist Executive Director with the annual budget management;
- Work with outside CPA for the draft audited financial statements and preparation of tax returns;
- Gather 990 and 990T information for outside CPA for the annual tax return;
- Perform month-end closing procedures, including overhead allocations, account reconciliations, and updating schedules;
- Oversee all aspects of NCOSE’s federal grant accounting;
- Enhance the accuracy of the organization’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP);
- Prepare a variety of ad hoc financial scenarios as requested;
- Manage all aspects of payroll including correcting timecards, deductions, and timely filing of compliance items and work comp;
- Keep records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting;
- Assist Director of Operations in interviewing, hiring, terminations, performance management, performance reviews, and employee onboarding;
- Assist with updating company policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
While the above is a description of the essential functions of the position, other duties may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at the discretion of senior management.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of accounting experience required;
- Experience with federal grant accounting is required;
- Solid experience in coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger and payroll;
- Nonprofit experience preferred;
- HR experience preferred;
- Knowledge of payroll. Previous experience with ADP and TRAXPayroll strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of federal and state labor laws.
- Strong Excel skills;
- Proficiency with Quickbooks Online;
- Highly motivated, have a demonstrated commitment to defending human dignity;
- Possess the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced, high volume work environment with little supervision;
- Must be able to act calmly and effectively in busy or stressful situations;
- Commitment to serving as a team player, displaying a positive attitude, and showing concern for people and community;
- High professional standards including confidentiality, follow-through, responsiveness, and ability to receive constructive feedback.
- The position is based in Washington, D.C.
- This position is remote temporarily due to COVID-19, but will not be remote once the NCOSE office reopens.
- Full-time (Part-time at 25-30 hours per week also available for interested and qualified candidates).
- Competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience.
National Center on Sexual Exploitation (NCOSE) is an equal opportunity employer. NCOSE is passionate about building a diverse team (and movement) committed to a world free from sexual abuse and exploitation. We love people and fight for the human dignity of all. We have a global and multicultural impact. Our work is premised on Abolitionist principles. This means we:
- view the commodification of people for sex as inherently harmful,
- support laws which seek to decrease and ultimately end demand by strongly penalizing those who pay to use the bodies of other people for sex,
- work to create robust services for those seeking freedom from organized systems of sexual exploitation,
- prevent sexual exploitation by opposing policies and reforming systems which facilitate harm, and
- support legal reforms that decriminalize victimization.
If you share our principles and hope for a world where everyone has the opportunity to thrive, come put your mind, background, and experience to work for us.
The National Center on Sexual Exploitation (NCOSE) believes in a world free from sexual abuse and exploitation. We believe every human being deserves the opportunity to live life to its fullest potential: to pursue dreams; express creativity and hone talents; seek beauty, truth, and faith; experience hope, joy, and love with family and friends—to thrive. Such a vision requires not only individuals and institutions that work towards its realization, but also a culture that embraces its responsibility to preserve and protect human flourishing. We aspire to create that culture.
NCOSE is dedicated to the eradication of all forms of sexual abuse and exploitation.
To accomplish our mission, NCOSE uses cutting edge litigation and legal strategies, and policy activism to combat corporate and government policies that foster exploitation, advances public education and empowerment, and builds unity by leading the Coalition to End Sexual Exploitation. We leverage our resources to achieve outcomes in the courts, in government, and in the corporate culture.
NCOSE’s portfolio of issues encompasses child-on-child harmful sexual behavior, child sexual abuse, sexual objectification, forms of image-based sexual abuse, sexual harassment and assault, institutional sexual abuse, compulsive sexual behaviors, the public health crisis of pornography, stripping, sex trafficking of adults and children, demand for prostitution, and more.
Click “Apply for the Job” at the top of this screen and include your resume, a personalized cover letter detailing why you’re a good fit for our organization, and references.